Introduction by Kathryn Hamilton
**Giveaway is now closed**
Here with us today is Laura Dave, who is celebrating the release of her third novel, “The First Husband” (May, 2011; published in paperback April, 2012). Since the release of her debut novel, "London is the Best City in America," in 2007, Ms. Dave has received critical acclaim for the humour and fresh insight she brings to her writing, and was bestowed the honour of being named "Fun and Fearless Phenom of the Year" in 2008 by Cosmopolitan Magazine. This New York native, who currently resides in California, also works as a journalist and her writing has been included in several publications. Excitingly, the movie rights for “The Divorce Party” were picked up by Jennifer Aniston’s production company and the film is currently in development!
Thanks to Penguin, we have three copies of The First Husband to give away to some lucky readers anywhere in the US.
Visit Laura at her website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
First movie you ever saw as a kid:
Grease 2 may not have been the first, but it was my favorite!
Favorite comedy film:
When Harry Met Sally. Love it more every time.
Chick lit novel (aside from your own) that you wish were a movie:
It's not Chick Lit, but I'm very excited for the adaptation of "This Is Where I Leave You" (Jonathan Tropper) filming in the fall.
Favorite movie couple:
Harry and Sally. See above!
Favorite animated movie:
Movie that should have won an Oscar but didn't:
Who would you cast in the lead roles, if "The First Husband" were made into a movie:
That's a hard one. I could see a lot of actresses being a good Annie. But my choice for Griffin? James Marsden
Special thanks to Laura for chatting with us and to Penguin for sharing "The First Husband" with our readers.
How to win "The First Husband":
Please comment below with your e-mail address. (Please note: Entries without an e-mail address will NOT be counted. You can use AT and DOT to avoid spam. Or provide a link to your facebook page or blog if you can receive messages there.)
Bonus entries (can be listed all in one post):
1. Please tell us: Who is your favorite movie couple (characters, not actors)?
2. Follow this blog and post a comment saying you are a follower (if you already follow, that's fine too).
3. Post this contest on Facebook or Twitter or in your blog, and leave a comment saying where you've posted it.
4. Join Chick Lit Central on Facebook. Edit settings if you don't want to receive a lot of messages at your e-mail account. Please read our posting guidelines as well. (If you're already a member, let us know that too.)
5. Add a friend to our Facebook group. (Tell us who you added.) Be sure to remind them to edit their settings.
US only. Giveaway ends June 19th at midnight EST.