Thursday, June 7, 2012
Sharing popcorn with Elsa Watson, plus a book giveaway
**Giveaway is now closed**
Today we welcome author Elsa Watson and her novel, "Dog Days," just published by Top-Torge in May 2012. Pacific Northwest native Elsa Watson has always loved animals. After raising chickens and inoculating goats in the Peace Corps in West Africa, she and her husband moved to an island near Seattle where they've filled their lives with dogs, more chickens, and the cat they brought home from their travels. Elsa currently works at the West Sound Wildlife Shelter, a wildlife hospital and education center. Elsa's first novel is "Maid Marian," which was a re-telling of the Robin Hood legend. Her next publications will be "The Love Dog," out in February 2013, and two e-novellas: "A Christmas Tail" in October 2012 and "The Puppy Trap" in January 2013.
Elsa is here to talk about movies with us, and thanks to Macmillan we have TWO copies of "Dog Days" to give away to some lucky readers anywhere in the US and/or Canada.
Visit Elsa at her website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
Check out the book trailer for "Dog Days":
Favorite Disney movie:
Finding Nemo. Ellen DeGeneres is so hilarious as Dory.
What's your snack of choice when you go to the movie theater?
Popcorn! I love movie theater popcorn. Candy is great, too, but there’s something so satisfying about that salty crunch…
Favorite comedy film:
Raising Arizona. I probably quote a line from that movie every single day.
Who are three authors that have you inspired you to write?
Anne Lamott, Jane Austen, and Noel Streatfeild
Are you more a comedy or horror fan?
Comedy—no question about it. I’m always on the hunt for a great, funny movie. Plus, scary movies give me nightmares.
If "Dog Days" were made into a movie, who would you cast in the lead roles?
Emily Blunt for Jessica, Takeshi Kaneshiro for Max, and a beautiful white German shepherd for Zoe.
Special thanks to Elsa for a lovely chat and to Macmillan for sharing "Dog Days" with our readers.
How to win "Dog Days":
Please comment below with your e-mail address. (Please note: Entries without an e-mail address will NOT be counted. You can use AT and DOT to avoid spam. Or provide a link to your facebook page or blog if you can receive messages there.)
Bonus entries (can be listed all in one post):
1. Please tell us: What is your favorite movie about animals (any kind)?
2. Follow this blog and post a comment saying you are a follower (if you already follow, that's fine too).
3. Post this contest on Facebook or Twitter or in your blog, and leave a comment saying where you've posted it.
4. Join Chick Lit Central on Facebook. Edit settings if you don't want to receive a lot of messages at your e-mail account. Please read our posting guidelines as well. (If you're already a member, let us know that too.)
5. Add a friend to our Facebook group. (Tell us who you added.) Be sure to remind them to edit their settings.
US/Canada only. Giveaway ends June 12th at midnight EST.