Thursday, May 23, 2013
Spending "Midnight in Paris" with Isabelle LaFleche...plus a book giveaway
**Giveaway is now closed**
Isabelle Lafleche, author of J'adore New York, is joining us for the second time with her latest novel, J'adore Paris (reviewed here). If the sequel is anywhere near as good as the first (which I'm sure it is), this will be yet another read that's impossible to put down!
Isabelle worked as a corporate attorney in New York, Toronto, and Montreal before becoming a best selling author and is able to portray the corporate law life as well as intertwining fashion into her books.
It's a real treat to have Isabelle back at CLC and we look forward to seeing what she has planned for the future!
A big "thank you" to Isabelle for taking the time to answer our movie casting question and we hope you enjoy seeing her choices! She also has TWO copies of J'Adore Paris for some lucky readers in the US and/or Canada!
You can find Isabelle at her blog, Facebook and Twitter.
Cast for J'adore Paris (can also be used for J'adore New York)
My first choice would be Marion Cotillard. Not only is she a model and spokesperson for Christian Dior, the fashion house portrayed in the novel, she’s extremely classy, gorgeous and talented (Have you seen her portrayal of Edith Piaf in La Vie en Rose? Hel-looooo). My second choice would be Zooey Deschanel. She’s witty and really lovely; I think she would also make a great Catherine Lambert.
My dear friend Yanic Truesdale who played in the Gilmore Girls would make the perfect Rikash. He’s very funny, stylish and over-the-top fabulous.
Jean Dujardin would be perfect. He’s got some major French charm and charisma. I could also see Ryan Reynolds in this role. Who wouldn’t?
Hugh Jackman. Um, just because.
I would love to see Catherine Zeta-Jones play Bonnie. She’s stunning, has a commanding screen presence and knows how to play a badass. Oh yeah.
Thanks to Isabelle for sharing her dream cast for her "J'adore" series and her book with our readers.
How to win J'adore Paris:
Please comment below with your e-mail address. (Please note: Entries without an e-mail address will NOT be counted. You can use AT and DOT to avoid spam. Or provide a link to your Facebook page or blog if you can receive messages there.)
1. Please tell us: What is your favorite movie that takes place in a country overseas?
2. Follow this blog and post a comment saying you are a follower (if you already follow, that's fine too).
3. Post this contest on Facebook or Twitter or in your blog, and leave a comment saying where you've posted it.
4. Join Chick Lit Central on Facebook. Edit settings if you don't want to receive a lot of messages at your e-mail account. Please read our posting guidelines as well. (If you're already a member, let us know that too.)
5. Follow us on Twitter and/or Pinterest.
6. Add a friend to our Facebook group. (Tell us who you added.) Be sure to remind them to edit their settings.
US/Canada only. Giveaway ends May 29th at midnight EST.