Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Kristin Hannah dishes on romance and has a book to give away
**Giveaway is now closed**
We're thrilled to have Kristin Hannah back at Chick Lit Central to not only kick off "Romance Month" but also because she has once again written an amazing novel! "Home Front" (reviewed here) was published yesterday and you will definitely want to get your hands on it! Kristin was here last March and we don't think much has changed since then, other than putting out yet another great story! She's here today to answer some romance themed questions. And thanks to Wunderkind PR, we have THREE copies of "Home Front" to share with some lucky readers in the US and Canada.
Check out Kristin's tour schedule to see if she's coming to a town near you.
You can find Kristin at her website, blog and Facebook.
Favorite date in a novel: I can't think of a favorite date in a novel, which is really strange, given how many romantic novels I've read.
Favorite romantic gesture: To me, the most romantic gestures are little things---bringing you a cup of tea in the morning, knowing when you need a glass of wine. And of course, there's nothing more romantic than a man who gets out of bed in the middle of the night to comfort a baby so you can sleep. :)
Favorite romantic movie: Happy ending: Notting Hill. I loved the easy chemisty of Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant--and who doesn't love the idea of a Hollywood superstar falling in love with an ordinary bookseller? Favorite all time romantic movie is probably Gone with the Wind.
Favorite Romantic Book: "Katherine" by Anya Seton
Favorite romantic song: "All I ask of You," from Phantom of the Opera
Favorite place to go on a date: If you're with the right person, the perfect date can take place anywhere. I do love a perfect day of snow skiing beneath a bluebird sky...or having a mai tai on the beach at sunset with my husband.
What was your favorite moment from your wedding: My favorite moment from my wedding was my dad walking me down the aisle. We were both thinking how much we missed my mom--and how much she would have loved the moment--and it really brought us together for a perfect second in time.
Best movie kiss: Traditional choice: Gone with the Wind. How can you not love that moment? Non-traditional choice: The Abyss, when Ed Harris is desperately trying to revive his dead ex wife. When he saves her, and she comes alive again, it's a great kiss.
Special thanks to Kristin for sharing her favorite romantic things with us and to Wunderkind PR for sharing "Home Front" with our readers!
How to win "Home Front":
Please comment below with your e-mail address. (Please note: Entries without an e-mail address will NOT be counted. You can use AT and DOT to avoid spam. Or provide a link to your facebook page or blog if you can receive messages there.)
Bonus entries (can be listed all in one post):
1. Please tell us: What is your favorite movie kiss?
2. Follow this blog and post a comment saying you are a follower (if you already follow, that's fine too).
3. Post this contest on Facebook or Twitter or in your blog, and leave a comment saying where you've posted it.
4. Join Chick Lit Central on Facebook. Edit settings if you don't want to receive a lot of messages at your e-mail account. Please read our posting guidelines, as well. (If you're already a member, let us know that too.)
5. Add a friend to our Facebook group. (Tell us who you added.) Be sure to remind them to edit their settings.
6. For even more entries, send a digital message to a veteran or soldier (5 extra entries, but please copy and paste what you said into the comments) or purchase a Band for Freedom (10 extra entries, but e-mail us your receipt.)
US/Canada only. Giveaway ends February 7th at midnight EST.