With Thanksgiving coming tomorrow, we wanted to take some time to share what makes us the most thankful!
I'm thankful for many things in my life, but here are some of the things that I am MOST thankful for:
1. I am thankful for my husband. Although we have a substantial age difference, nobody has ever cared for or understood me better. He is an amazing person with a loving and giving heart. He goes out of his way every single day to make sure that I feel special and loved. He is my best friend and I don't know how I would ever survive without him. I am in awe of him daily.
2. I am so lucky to have my parents and my sister living just minutes away. I get to spend quality time with my family on a regular basis and share all of life’s biggest triumphs and challenges with those who know me best.
3. I am thankful for my niece Baylee and my nephews Jayden and Dylan. Not having children of my own, I have the opportunity to watch them grow and to help them navigate their way through the world. I also get to be the fun auntie and watch their baseball games, dance recitals, and school functions. I couldn't be more blessed to have these three amazing children in my life, they fill me with wonder.
4. Two "little people" that fill me with joy every minute of my day are my dogs. My wheaten terrier Brooklyn is sweet natured, snuggly, and a complete mama’s boy. He would do anything to make sure I know I am the love of his life :)
My miniature schnoodle Sookie is energetic, crazy, and surprising. We rescued her a year ago from the "kill list" and I can't imagine her not being part of this world. She immediately attached herself to my hip and hasn't detached since...she is the most vibrant and loving dog.
5. I am thankful for ballet and all forms of dance in general. As soon as I complete a set of pliés, I am already a different person. Dance is my release and without it I would probably be insane. Nothing beats an early morning at the barre and the quiet that surrounds me when I'm there.
6. Books, books, books! I am so grateful that they exist. As a child growing up in Chicago, my family had box season tickets to the bulls. Even at 5 years old I was sitting on the floor of our box with a bag of books, reading. My dad still teases me about that. Instead of watching Michael Jordan score 32 points, I was engrossed in "The Chronicles of Narnia"! I live for the escape from reality!
7. I am thankful for my friends, both near and far. My very best friend Stacey lives in Chicago and although I don't see her nearly as often as I wish, she is never far from my mind or my heart. I have many other close girlfriends that live in Wisconsin, Philly, California, and Virginia/D.C., even Sweden. They all play a different role in my life and shape me as a person in their own way. I love and admire each one and can't imagine not having all of them in my life.
8. I am thankful for music. It is the soundtrack to my life. It makes me dance, sing, dream, reflect, remember...
Music is essential to my daily life and it is how I gauge my memories and how I measure time.
9. I am thankful for my grandfather. He is pretty much the only grandparent I have ever had and I am lucky that it was him. He is battling lung cancer at 81 years old and I am so proud of how gracefully he is dealing with his diagnosis and I pray every day that he is here with us a little longer. Or a lot longer...
He is an inspiring man; he raised 6 kids, taught ballroom dance, and helped raise 10 grandkids and now has 8 great grandchildren.
10. I know I already said I was thankful for my family, but I am thankful specifically for my sister Aimee and my mother Marie. They are my guideposts in this world and I aspire to be as gracious, patient, and beautiful as they are. I literally could not exist without them.
For some reason, this list seemed hard to write. Melissa P.'s list was so beautiful and eloquent and I hope mine can be a good enough match. :)
1. One is Hashem....First and foremost, I am thankful to Hashem because he is the reason that everything else in my life is possible. I cherish my relationship with Hashem and trust him completely, no matter what happens.
2. My husband, and I could say that what Melissa P. said about her husband goes for mine as well, because it is true! The most important thing is that he always knows how to make me laugh. Sometimes I can't breathe because he said something that was just so hilarious. He's my teammate, as well. I grow more and more in love with him as each day passes.
3. My adorable little boys, who know how to make me smile, even when they're driving me crazy. I love that they are growing and changing, but that they are still my babies.
4. This baby in my belly, that seems to be doing well so far according to the past few ultrasounds. I don't know what the gender is and it really doesn't matter because I'm going to love them anyway. I can't wait to meet them this coming spring (b'shaah tovah).
5. My parents and sister. I may not get to see them as often, but we're still very close and we stay in touch in other ways. I'm excited for the next time they come to visit.
6. My friends, both old and new and the ones I've been reunited with too. I love that each friendship I have is unique and that I have lots of inside jokes with lots of different friends.
7. Where I live, as I love living in Maryland and love being close to DC. I also love my community and couldn't imagine a better place to raise my kids. I also love my house, as cluttered as it tends to get.
8. This group! I started CLC last year and then let things be for a while. I revisited it this year and have watched it grow and thrive. I am fortunate that I've been able to meet some really great authors and read some amazing books as a result. I also love that I have made some great online pals through it. And most of all, I am thankful for Melissa P.'s partnership and all the hard work she has put in. She has some great questions for our interviews and has kept me sane on multiple occasions.
9. Value Village. I have become a shopaholic because of this store, but it's so inexpensive and I've picked up some great stuff for myself and the kids. I've found some CDs I really wanted, maternity clothes, kids' clothing, pajamas, books, toys, etc. I even got a great deal on a single stroller recently. The best are 50% off days, even though it gets insanely crowded. I even got my mom addicted to the store.
10. Entertainment. I love movies, TV, music, Broadway shows and anything related to pop culture. I love to be entertained and look forward to when my favorite shows are on or when a movie I really want to see comes to the theater or DVD. Whether it's Adam Lambert, "Glee" or "In the Heights," I know there's always going to be someone or something that is going to be enjoyable and entertaining.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving (if you are celebrating it)!